My name is Elisabet Risberg and I´m a LIS-student in Sweden, working at the International Library of Stockholm where I´m responsible for the Arabic and the Thai section. At the moment I´m writing a thesis for my master-degree under the subject "Multilingual Library Catalogues" or "From Romanization to Original Script".
I´m writing to this list to ask if anyone of you know about or are working with a multilingual system, based on Unicode standard, where Arabic is one of the languages and where you can do searches in the vernacular script. I´m hoping to find a library where I can do a shorter field-study. I will be glad for any ideas or recommendations.
Elisabet Risberg