I am considering acquisition of Arabic optical character recognition
software for a personal project.  I am particularly interested in OCR
software that would allow manipulation of Arabic-alphabet and
roman-alphabet text.  I any of my colleagues on Melanet or Lis-Middle-East
has experience with Arabic OCR or knows someone who has, I would appreciate
any information, recommendations, etc., posted to me personally and not to
either list.  If anyone knows of a listserv that might have pertinent
information, I would be grateful for the reference.

With best wishes,

Ed Jajko

Edward A. Jajko
Deputy Curator