The new NHS : muddled, daunted?
Or Health care terminology explained.
King’s Fund, London, 24 September 2001

Following the positive feedback we have received for our first seminar and requests for it to be repeated, I am pleased to announce that we will be running the “New NHS : muddled, daunted” seminar on the afternoon of Monday 24th September 2001.

Aimed at library and information staff who undertake literature searching, the seminar will look at health care terminology within the context of the NHS and within a library context. Programme, booking form and contact details are below.

The New NHS : muddled, daunted? or Health care management terminology explained

Half-day training seminar

King’s Fund, 24th September 2001

Aim

- to gain a greater understanding of the organisation of the NHS
- to gain a greater understanding of the use of terminology within the NHS

Outline Programme

12.30pm Registration and sandwich lunch
1.30pm   Three takes on the NHS : accountability and money
                                                     : the policy terrain
                                                     : the wider world
2.50pm  coffee/teas
3.10pm  Health care terminology in a library context – looking at HMIC
3.50pm  Health care terminology in a library context – looking at the Web
4.30pm  Finish

From 4.30pm – tour(s) of King’s Fund Library and opportunity to search KF Library database and HMIC.

Cost

45 pounds excl. VAT

this includes - coffee/teas; sandwich lunch
  10 per cent discount on any purchases made in the bookshop
  6 pounds discount on the print version of the new DoH/KF thesaurus if bought on the day

Venue

King’s Fund
11-13 Cavendish Square
London
W1G 0AN

Nearest tube is Oxford Circus

Further information

If you would like further details about the seminar please contact:

Lucy Johnson Bell, Research Librarian – tel: 020 7307 2557; email: [log in to unmask]
Valerie Wildridge, Enquiry Services Librarian -   tel: 020 7307 2565; email: [log in to unmask]

For booking details, please contact Karen Barclay, Assistant – Library Support; details at the foot of the booking form following.

Booking form

The new NHS : muddled, daunted? or Health care terminology explained
King’s Fund, 24th September 2001

I wish to reserve ……. place(s) on the above seminar

Name(s)

Organisation

Address

Tel no

Email

I do/do not require a sandwich lunch.
Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements or any special needs

Payment
Please delete as appropriate

*Please invoice me
      Address, if different from above

*Please find a cheque enclosed, made payable to the King’s Fund for £52.88 incl. VAT (£45 plus VAT)

*Please debit my credit card (please note: we cannot accept debit cards or American Express)

Credit card no
Expiry date
Card holder name
Signature

Please return this form to Karen Barclay, Library & Information Service, King’s Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN or contact 020 7307 2655 or [log in to unmask] to book a provisional place.

NB: We will send out invoices, confirmation letters, programmes and location details approximately five weeks before the event.

--
Valerie Wildridge
Enquiry Services Librarian
Library & Information Service