For a few years now we have been networking CD-ROM version of Ovid.We think
we need to continue doing this for at least another year before switching
completely to ovid online. Our current networking arrangement is using
Windows NT with all the data copied onto the file server. Updates are
actually installed from a PC running Windows 95. At the time when we
purchased this file server and started this arrangement it seemed to be the
case that the update could only be run from Windows 95 (the reasons why were
rather technical). For a variety of reasons we would really like to upgrade
this particular PC, but are worried about the Ovid updates. Does anyone use
a similar model, but do the updates successfully from an NT machine and if
so would they be willing to speak to my IT department?

Janet Reynolds
Librarian
PGMC
Watford General Hospital