Looking for a new Opportunity to develop your Career?
Would you like to work in an acclaimed international research library ?
Resources Development Librarian
Full-time post at CRA5
£19,246 - £21,938 (incl. LW)

ICS Library is a major international research resource for Commonwealth and
comparative historical, political and economic studies.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic librarian to join our small,
committed and progressive team. The post is an exciting opportunity to gain
experience and management skills in a prestigious research library.
This key role will involve:
*       Management and enhancement of our outstanding serial collection
*       Development of electronic resources
*       Widening reader services
*       Active participation in the management of the library
You will be able to demonstrate flexibility, excellent team skills and a
high degree of IT literacy. Experience is not essential but, with a good
honours degree and a professional library or information management
qualification, you will be aware of current developments within the
information sector and have a commitment to customer-focused services.
For an informal discussion about this post, contact Julie Evans, Deputy
Information Resources Manager, Institute of Commonwealth Studies, 28 Russell
Square, London, WC1B 5DS.  Telephone: (0)20 7862 8833 Fax: (0)20 7862 8820
Email: [log in to unmask]
Further particulars and application forms can be obtained from The Personnel
Office, University of London, Senate House (Room 218), Malet Street, London
WC1E 7HU. Telephone: (0)20 7862 8100 (24 hour recruitment answerphone)
Confidential fax: (0)20 7862 8080  /  e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Please quote reference: 43-01-LA
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 14th August 2001
It is expected that interviews will be held on Friday 24th August 2001
 ICS actively promotes cultural diversity and equal opportunities

Julie Evans, Deputy Information Resources Manager and CASBAH Project Manager

Institute of Commonwealth Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of
London
28 Russell Sq, London, WC1B 5DS

Tel:   +44(0)20 7862 8833  (direct) / +44(0)20 7862 8844  (switchboard)
Fax:  +44(0)20 7862 8820

Email:  [log in to unmask]

http://www.sas.ac.uk/commonwealthstudies
http://www.casbah.ac.uk