Dear Listmembers,

The latest issue of IP-Wire the free newsletter of the IPR-Helpdesk, contains an exclusive interview with Alison Brimelow the Chief Executive of the United Kingdom Patent Office. Follow this link for the full story http://www.ipr-helpdesk.org/ipwire in IP-Wire Issue 28.

This interview is the first of a short series and over the Summer months IP-Wire are inviting leading figures from the world of Intellectual Property to give IP-Wire readers their insight into topical IP related issues.

Also this month we have introduced a new service for those who wish to receive by e-mail our daily IP news in English, French or German, follow this link http://www.ipr-helpdesk.org/ipnews to view the latest news from Reuters and other sources.

Finally following many requests we are organising another Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights in EU-funded Research.

This event will be held in Brussels at the Sweden House Conference Centre on Friday 20th July 2001.  If you are interested in attending this event, which will be the last one to be held during the Summer, then please send an e-mail with your full details to: [log in to unmask]

Places are available on a strict first-come first-served basis. The Agenda is being prepared and will be posted shortly on the Seminar page of the IPR-Helpdesk website shown below.

Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me if I can provide you with any further information regarding the support services of the IPR-Helpdesk.

Alex Weir

Alexander Weir
Public Relations and Communications Manager
Intellectual Property Rights Helpdesk
51-53 rue de Merl
L-2146
Luxembourg