Like many libraries we have a problem with some users who remove parts from ring-binder works. We have a magnetic tape security system but it's impossible practically to insert or fix magnetic tapes to many loose pages or parts.

Has anyone come across an answer to this security problem?
Has anyone invented a spray or paint, preferably invisible, which might be put on loose parts to make them detectable by a magnetic-based security system. Attempts to get a sensible reply from the security companies are met with, at the politest, blank looks.

Magnetic paint would not have to be too strong or all the stock would stick together.

If anyone has any serious suggestions we'd like to hear from you please.

Aidan Turner-Bishop
Library & Learning Resource Services
University of Central Lancashire, Preston, PR1 2HE

Tel: 01772-892285    [log in to unmask]