Systems and Web Development Manager

The School of Library, Archive and Information Studies at UCL is
embarking on a vigorous expansion of the computer systems that
underpin our teaching and research. The School offers teaching programmes
in Information Management, Library and Information Studies, Information
Science, Archives and Records Management, and Electronic Communication
and Publishing. Computer-based research focuses on Internet technologies,
user interface design, XML, EAD, digital library technologies for the
humanities, and artificial intelligence applications. Our development
plans include a series of short courses and new IT-based research
projects, particularly in the humanities.

We are looking for an enthusiastic and versatile individual who will be
responsible for the management of our computer systems and the
development of our Web presence. The successful candidate will
have knowledge of Windows 2000/NT4 system administration, Microsoft
Office, HTML, and Web server technologies, and some programming
experience. S/he will enjoy helping users at all levels from undergraduate
students to senior staff, and be able to represent the School at computing
events.

Some knowledge of XML, EAD, Unix, and library systems would be useful,
as would an interest in the humanities, but this position provides an
excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to gain a broad base
of experience in this fast-developing area.

The position is available for one-year in the first instance with a salary
of up to £25,213 plus London allowance of £2134.

To apply please submit a CV detailing relevant experience and
covering letter to Kerstin Michaels, Administrator, School of
Library, Archive and Information Studies, UCL, Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT, e-mail [log in to unmask] Informal
enquiries may be addressed to Susan Hockey,
[log in to unmask], phone 020 7679 2477.

Further information about the School can be found on our
Web site at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/slais

Susan Hockey
Director of the School and
Professor of Library and Information Studies
School of Library, Archive and Information Studies
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT
Phone: 020 7679 2477; Fax 020 7383 0557