From: Linda Berube [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 May 2001 12:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fw: xrefer for libraries

*****Apologies for cross-posting****

Hi,

I've been asked by Daryl Rayner at xrefer to forward the message below to the library lists.  I've been talking with Daryl for the past few months about how electronic resources could be developed that are more responsive to library (and in my case, public library) requirements and budgets.  I'm sure you've seen the publicity about xrefer recently.  Their product is still in development, and they are inviting direct involvement from libraries to participate in this development.  At EARL, we have seen an increase in such approaches from suppliers, which I take as a good sign, and look forward to the products we have helped to "create"!

Thanks,

Linda

xrefer is launching a new product for libraries this autumn. It will consist of over 50+ reference titles from leading publishers, all fully searchable and cross-referenced (the cross-references work across titles using xrefer's unique technology). The new product will support a range of titles not currently available online. xrefer would like to receive important feedback about this product from librarians. They are also inviting librarians to sign-up for testing during the summer period. To give input into the development of this resource and to register for trials please go to:
http://www.xrefer.com/survey/library/library.jsp

Have a good bank holiday.

Regards

Daryl