CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY

Computer Associate

We are seeking a suitably qualified candidate for the post of Computer
Associate, Grade III level. The holder of this post will work jointly
with the staff of the Darwin Correspondence Project and the University
Library I.T. Services Department to assist in making searchable text and
digital images available via the web, through the conversion of existing
text files, the use of image manipulation software, and the maintenance
and development of existing software used in conjunction with digital
images.

The post is for a period of twelve months. Salary is in the range of
A319,482 - A325,213.

Further details and an application form, which should be returned to the
Deputy Librarian not later than Friday 27 April 2001, are available from
the Librarian92s Office, Cambridge University Library, West Road,
Cambridge CB3 9DR, telephone (01223) 333046 or email
[log in to unmask]  Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held
on Wednesday 9 May 2001 and it is hoped to make an appointment at the
earliest possible date after that.

The University follows an equal opportunities policy.