Marketing your Library/ Information service
        ASSIGN AGM 19th April 1.30pm

Location: Aslib Headquarters. Staple Court (near Liverpool Street Station)

        Do users make the most of your library/information service? Do you
ever feel that it is underused or undervalued? Now is the time to make a new
start by attending the 2001 ASSIGN AGM. Our theme for this year is marketing
and promotion.

*       1.30pm the afternoon will begin with a buffet lunch with the chance
to exchange experiences with colleagues (feel free to bring along examples
of promotional plans/literature to share)
*       2.15 ASSIGN AGM
*       3.00 followed by our speaker Karen Bedwell the new Communications
Manager at the Library of the London School of Economics and Political
Science. She will offer tips to help you 'think like a marketeer' and advice
on how to approach the marketing planning process.
        This will be followed by an opportunity to ask questions and discuss
the issues raised.

All attendees will receive a free copy of the ASSIGNation journal special
issue on promoting and marketing a quality LIS service, which is worth
£12.00

ASSIGN members can attend this event free of charge. However, they must
register in advance.
Non-members £5.00

To register for the 2001 ASSIGN AGM
Contact:
Heather Dawson
ASSIGN Secretary
Library of the London School of Economics and Political Science, 25
Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1PH.