Dear Lis-Linkers

I am currently writing my dissertation for the MSc in
Library and Information Management at the University of
Bristol. My topic is the use of self-service in academic
libraries (both further and higher education), focusing in
particular on self issue and self return. I have attached a
questionnaire in Excel which I would be grateful if any
library can answer. Should you prefer I can post a copy of
the questionnaire. This questionnaire has been sent to many
academic institutions so apologies if you have already seen
it and responded to me.

Self-service, and in particular self issue and self return,
are very much topical areas of interest. I hope that my
research will benefit institutions intending to purchase
self issue or self return in the future. The three main
objectives of my research are:

· To ascertain the extent to which the implementation of
self-service can lead to cost benefits
· To gauge how the institutions have implemented the change
to self-service
· To judge the ways users have adapted to self issue and/or
self return

I shall compile the results and feed back to any interested
parties later in the year. Thanks for your help.

Eleanor Webster
MSc in Library and Information Management
University of Bristol

Webster, Eleanor2
Email: [log in to unmask]
"University of the West of England"