                         THE CHEST DATA MESSENGER

           28th September 2001      URL:<http://www.chest.ac.uk/>

CONTENTS
--------
a)BIOSIS Previews update
b)Education Literature Datasets (BEI-ERIC)renewal information
c)End of CHEST/Clover Agreement reminder
d)Workshops
e)Latest Data Wishes

a) BIOSIS Previews update
-------------------------
EDINA has now confirmed that there will be no additional service
provision charge for sites wishing to be licensed for the backfile
(1969-1984) for BIOSIS Previews. They will announce the date when it
will be available as soon as possible.  The cost for the data fee for
the backfile is 15% of the annual data fee (£854.70 + VAT for year 1 of
the agreement).

Sites wishing to add the backfile to their licence should complete and
return to CHEST two addendum forms which are available on the CHEST web
site at <http://www.chest.ac.uk/datasets/biosis/backfile-licence.rtf>

Details of all service providers are available at
<http://www.chest.ac.uk/datasets/biosis/service-providers.html>

b) Education Literature Datasets (BEI-ERIC)renewal information
The CHEST/Education Literature Datasets Agreement ends on 28th February
2001.  We have received numerous requests recently from licensed Sites
for information about renewal of the service thereafter.

The renewal will be dealt with by DNER and therefore any queries should
be addressed to the DNER team, contact details can be found at
<http://www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/contacts/>

In the meantime we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for
your support during the management of this agreement. We shall of course
continue to deal with any queries that may arise about the current
agreement until the end of February 2002.

c) End of CHEST/Clover Agreement reminder
Indexes and from 1st October 2001 is relaunching the online version of
its indexes under the name NewsAudit.com. The service will continue to
be provided by NISS.

Clover Publications has contacted Sites that are currently licensed to
provide information about renewal pricing and associated terms and
conditions. All queries about renewals and the new service should be
directed to Clover, email <[log in to unmask]>.

d) Ei Compendex Workshops
-------------------------
Forwarded on behalf of EDINA/Ei Compendex:

"We have arranged workshops to introduce the new service, covering all
aspects of the changes. Thus Nick Turner from Ei (Regional Sales Manager
Europe), Linda Kerr from EEVL and Andrew Bevan from EDINA will
co-present a half-day session.

As well as short presentations, there will be hands-on time to explore
the new service and ask any questions of the presenters.

Ei offices, Central London 27th September 1:30-4:30
University of Edinburgh  28th September 1:30-4:40

Light refreshments will be available during the sessions.

If you or a colleague would like to book a place, please do so by
emailing <[log in to unmask]> stating the venue you'd like to
attend.  A confirmation with full details will then be sent to you.

We intend to run similiar workshops later in the year, but feel it is
important to offer these before the service goes live at the start of
term."

e) Latest Data Wishes
---------------------
The following is a list of the latest Data Wishes to appear on the CHEST
web site. If you would like to add your wish please go to
<http://www.chest.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wishes> or to view the complete Data
Wishlist go to <http://www.chest.ac.uk/general/datawishes.html>

ANTE - Engineering - <http://www.bowker.co.uk/>

ASSIA - Social Sciences -
      <http://www.csa.com/csa/factsheets/assia.shtml>

PyscArticles - Psychology - <http://www.apa.org/psycarticles/>

~~~~~~~~~~~ END OF CHEST DATA MESSENGER:(28th September 2001)