Our large public library is going to be completely rebuilt over the next
four years.  During that time we will be moving large sections of the
collections around to cope with the extremely cramped conditions, and
then moving out of our building into temporary accommodation while the
library is rebuilt on the existing site.

I am currently working on a public relations strategy, which includes a
number of key aspects:
+  an easily recognisable logo
+  floor plans to be available at the information desk and as a
directory
+  signage
+  a webpage outlining the progress of the project

I would appreciate information / advice from anyone who has handled the
public relations side of a similar exercise in their library ... what
particular pitfalls did you encounter? What publicity strategies were
successful / unsuccessful?

I will summarise responses for the list.

many thanks
Mylee

Mylee Joseph
Willoughby City Library