Reminder!!!!!!

*Please ENSURE* that requests made under the CONARLS IRU schemeHAVE THE
ACTUAL MONETARY VALUE (currently 4.67GBP) on the form ('C' copy
equivalent) *as well as* a statement about being in membership of the
scheme.

If you DON'T do this on what goes back to DSC for claim purposes, you
will be debited / credited 6.20GBP if the request date is 1 October 2000
or later (4.67GBP if April-September 2000). Just having a statement of
CONARLS Scheme membership is insufficient - DSC requires an actual
figure to work with.

On occasions that a request is being sent on a rota which includes IRU
and non-IRU libraries, I would suggest that *both rates* are noted on
the form and the supplier makes it clear which rate applies when sending
the 'C' copy equivalent to DSC for refund.  [This was a suggestion from
another Scottish library which I incorporated in the construction of the
Scottish ILL Form (SILLF)!]

Equally - although not strictly anything to do with the IRU scheme - DSC
tells me that they are also getting 'C' copy equivalents which don't
always say if it is for a loan or a photocopy and so they are often
having to make educated guesses!

Pat
19.2.01

--
Pat McKenzie
Head, Inter-Library Services

E-mail (personal):  [log in to unmask]

E-mail (general/ILL): [log in to unmask]

Tel: +(44)(0)131-466 3815 (direct)
     +(44)(0)131-226 4531 Ext. 3315 (via switchboard)

Fax: +(44)(0)131-466 3814 (direct)