Dear All

A library group for those who have responsibility for any aspect of
French Studies was set up 2 years ago. Please visit the following
Web address if you would like to join the mailing list.

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/fslg.html

An AGM is being held in Portsmouth on Thurs 6 Sept 2001. Details
about topics for discussion at the AGM shown below.
If you have responsibility for French but can't attend,
you may like to send in your thoughts to either me or the French
Studies mailing list.

There will be no charge other than the price you need to pay for
travelling to Portsmouth as Ian Bonar, the University Librarian here
at Portsmouth has kindly agreed to pay for our buffet lunch (please
indicate if you are vegetarian). I will also be bringing in a selection
of homemade cakes.  The programme will be:

12.15-13.00 Arrival and tours of Library
13.00-14.00 Lunch
14.00-15.00 AGM *** See below for details
15.00-15.50 Supporting French at Portsmouth: the Library's
Contribution (including demonstration of the Modern and
Contemporary database) + opportunity for exchange of experience
15.50 Tea/coffee before departure

***AGM Matters for discussion

Timing of future AGMs
Holding of other half day sessions
Formation of formal Committee in place of Steering Group
Publicising FSLG
Cooperation with other library groups for languages
Development of FSLG Website - cooperative listing of web sources
for French studies
Creation of an FSLG virtual newsletter
Possible projects: register of collection strengths and/or current
collecting policy; union list of newspapers and microforms;
digitisation initiatives; survey of researchers' needs

There is also the possibility of staying overnight to join in
with the Association of Modern and Contemporary France
conference which is taking place in Portsmouth 6-8 Sept. Details
at http://www.hum.port.ac.uk/slas/fconf/
Please let me know if you would like overnight accommodation
ASAP. (I will be away from 26 July-13 August.)

Anne Worden
On behalf of the FSLG Steering Group

Anne Worden
Subject Librarian: Languages and Area Studies