Very belatedly I am summarising for the list the
helpful replies I got to my enquiry as to how
other libraries dealt with giving leave to part-
time evening and weekend staff. I received 15
replies (a mixture of employers and employees in
that position), the majority of whom (12) all
paid their staff in lieu of leave. Some also said
they allowed some flexibility if leave needed to
be taken, but others stated categorically that
leave was not allowed to be taken when they were
required to work. I am now working on my
management to see if we can change our policy in
the light of these replies (I think I'm getting
there!). So thanks very much

Barbara

Barbara Zolynski
Head of Library and Information Services
Inns of Court School of Law
4 Gray's Inn Place
London WC1R 5DX
Tel: 020 7400 3643