See for instance DfEE Circular 4/98
http://www.dfee.gov.uk/circular/0498.htm

Teacher Training Agency (1998) Intial teacher training
national curriculum for the use of information and
communications technology in subject teaching (Annex E)
London: TTA

both cited in LEASK, M & N. PACHLER (1999). "Learning to
teach using ICT in the secondary school". London: Routledge.

see also WILLIAMS, G. (1999) "ICT explained: a teacher's
guide to ICT terminology" Cambridge: Pearson. "Information
and communications technology in general and computers in
particular .."
Adrian Smith