I would be really grateful if anyone who has fairly recently
experienced a major reclassification project could get in touch to
share their experiences.
To all

We are considering reclassifying our stock to a much later version of
Dewey and are would like to learn from others who maybe have
undergone a similar experience.  One obvious question is whether to
go for a 'Big Bang' perhaps over a Summer vacation, or whether to
simply begin with all new stock as it comes in and live with the
obvious inconsistencies of class numbers on the shelves, or to pick off
areas of special urgency.  Some idea based on real experience on the
scale of the job would also be useful.

Any thoughts on this subject would be warmly welcomed
Sue Robertson               Tel:  020-8547-7382
Senior Faculty Librarian    E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Kingston University
Learning Resources Centre
Kingston Hill
Kingston