Dear colleagues

Useful and informative research and surveys are often carried out on email
discussion lists and "in-house" within organisations, the results of which
can be easily lost. The Library and Information Research Group hopes to
profit the community by disseminating such research results to a wider
audience, and by creating a permanent and searchable record of such work.
We aim to achieve this by publishing the results in our journal, the
Library and Information Research Newsletter, in the form of a Short
Communication.

If you would like to share your recent in-house or email discussion list
research with the rest of the library community in this way, all you need
to do is to answer the following questions and return them to Elizabeth
Gadd, LIRN Editor <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

1) Name & organisation of investigator(s):
2) Library sectors covered by research (e.g. academic, public, special
libraries):
3) Reasons for carrying out the survey:
4) How the research was carried out (including lists to which any survey
was posted):
5) Questions asked:
6) Number of responses:
7) Results & conclusions (100-500 words):
8) Is a full report available?  (Please give details)

We look forward to hearing from you,
Elizabeth Gadd

(Apologies for cross-postings)
Elizabeth Gadd,
Academic Librarian (Engineering) & LIRN Editor
Pilkington Library, Loughborough University, Leicestershire LE11 3TU
Tel +44 (0)1509 222369, Fax +44 (0)1509 223993
Email [log in to unmask]