Diarmuid Kennedy posted a question about SourceOECD to LIS-LINK last month.
I have replied directly, and tried to copy it to LIS-LINK since I thought
some of you may be interested. However, I was not then a member of the group
and the reply bounced. I have now joined, read on . . .

Reply to Diarmuid Kennedy:

Your question about SourceOECD has been passed to me by ALPSP (of which we
are a member).

SourceOECD was launched during 2000 and was indeed on free access during the
launch phase. This is quite common when launching new online services. We
closed off the final free access parts in early 2001 when the service was
complete and ready for sale.

SourceOECD is available on annual subscription. In total there are just over
75 different SourceOECD options (ranging from a single periodical through to
the whole service) with prices starting at less than GBP50 and rising to
GBP9,600 (not for profit) or GBP11,573 (for profit). There are reductions
for clients wanting online-only access. Clients can choose from our
periodicals, our books (by themes) and our statistical databases or any
combination to suit their needs. Access is available by Athens, IP
authentication or password. Other benefits include remote access by
password, usage of material in course packs, electronic ILL. To date there
are just under 1,000 books and periodical issues available (dating back to
Jan 1998) and 25 statistical databases. The service benefits from a single
search engine, regardless of information type.

In the first five months SourceOECD attracted just over 1,000 subscribing
institutions, and in May registered over 65,000 user sessions. In May,
SourceOECD won the ALA's Notable Government Document award. [Late news:
June's figures show a rise of more than 100%, 137,000 user sessions!].

If anyone would like more information, there's lots of useful information in
the Librarian's section of SourceOECD http://www.sourceoecd.org. Free trial
access is still available. Clients in the UK should contact David Blake at
databeuro (+44 1525 752 689) or their usual vendor for more details. A list
of other contact points can be found in the site.

And of course, we are pleased to help and advise clients from our
headquarters in Paris. Emails to mailto:[log in to unmask]

yours sincerely,
Toby Green
Head of Marketing
OECD Publications
Public Affairs and Communications Directorate
http://www.oecd.org/bookshop
http://www.sourceoecd.org