My O-level year of 1974 was the last in which grades 1-9 were used, 1-6
were passes, 7-9 fail. Can't remember if there was a F or U below that. My
Grade 6 Latin pass was the narrowest squeak ever...

1/2 = A
3/4 = B
5/6 = c
7/8 = d
9   = e
U = F or vice versa...

thanks for bringing back such horrid memories!!

Mark.