Dear All,

We are part of an Alliance of Medical Libraries in the Durham and Teesside
area providing resources to all NHS staff in the region.   The Alliance is
to make most of our resources available over the web as part of a desktop
package.    AS part of this, we are looking at the possibility of providing
postal loans for our users in the Durham and Teesside area.

This is a new area for Medical libraries, and I would be very interested to
hear from libraries who have undertaken postal loans services to their
users about the positives and the pitfalls.   I know that it is an area
that Academic Libraries were looking at five or six years ago.

I will be happy to summarise the responses to the list.

Cheers

John

John Blenkinsopp
Medical Librarian