CHILDE: Opening the portal: A conference to establish a European Network of
historical children's book collections

The Date: Friday 19th October 2001

The Venue: Green Park, Stablebridge Road, Aston Clinton, Aylesbury, Bucks,
HP22 5NE. United Kingdom

A unique opportunity to be involved in the dawning of a new age in
historical children's books by taking part in the foundation of a Network.

This conference will cover many areas of relevance to early children's book
collection managers;

- how to tap into the potential funding from the European Commission
- how to use digitisation technology to make your collection more accessible
- guidance for owners and managers of early children's book collections

The Speakers
Dr Bernd Dolle-Weinkauff - Institut fur Jugendbuchforschung, Frankfurt,
Germany
Professor Kim Reynolds - National Centre for Research in Children's
Literature, Roehampton University of Surrey, UK
Simon Tanner - Higher Education Digitisation Service, University of
Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
Elizabeth Hammill - National Centre for the Children's Book, Newcastle
-Upon-Tyne, UK
Claire Herbert - Buckinghamshire County Council European Team, UK

The Fee: £75/ 125 Euros, including lunch and refreshments.

For more information contact me on the above e-mail address, or phone me 00

Esther Gregory
CHILDE Project Co-ordinator
www.bookchilde.org