Hi

We are currently reviewing how we operate our short loan
collection.  We will be making changes to the building and installing
a new library management system over the next 18 months so want to
make the most of the opportunities.  At present we have a closed
access collection, kept behind the Issue Desk, and offer bookable
fixed 4-hour loan periods.

Does anyone operate an open access collection with rolling loan
periods (or a mixture of rolling and fixed) and a booking
system?  Security gates and self issue?  If so, please could we talk
to you about how it works?

Many thanks

Jane Henley
Assistant Librarian User Services