From: Tom Poston [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 May 2001 14:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: On-line Inter-Library Loan forms.

Interesting

1) Would it not be possible for people to set up accounts, with a user name and password, they would sign a declaration stating that they would observe the copyright rules for all articles or books borrowed under their password, the form could be submitted electronically ( Via formmail and CGI) and maybe hardcopies of the form could be signed late , if necessary.

Also

2) You could set up a credit/debit card payment system on the website, so that people could just enter their card numbers and pay that way, thus allowing the whole process to be managed electronically.

( The combination of the name on the credit card and the id driven password should mean that it would be secure enough. It would not be too hard to set up, and perhaps people could also use the service to pay off fines)

Well just a thought
regards
Tom

 Tom Poston