We read this item with interest as Chadwyck-Healey have been talking to EARL
members for many years now about the services we provide to libraries and
how we might improve them to meet libraries' needs. We have previously been
wary of using lists like these to solicit feedback on our services as we
have been loath to prejudice their non-commercial nature. However, if list
members feel it is acceptable to focus on new product developments, we would
be glad of another forum for collecting feedback. At the current time, for
example, we are developing a new biographical service, KnowPeople. We are
making a beta release available to a select group of libraries in order to
obtain feedback before releasing the service commercially in June - if any
of the list members are interested in participating in this, please email
Fiona White, KnowPeople Development Editor (
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]).

With kind regards

Andrew Hall and Tom Jackson

Andrew Hall   [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Tom Jackson [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Regional Sales Manager, UK and Ireland
Publisher

http://www.chadwyck.co.uk <http://www.chadwyck.co.uk/>
tel: 01223 271254

fax: 01223 215514

Bell and Howell Information and Learning
(Chadwyck-Healey, Pro-Quest, UMI)
The Quorum
Barnwell Road
Cambridge