APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

Hello everyone

I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Susan Eales.  I have recently been appointed as
Collections Manager for FE at the JISC Distributed National
Electronic Resource (DNER).

I have extensive experience of the FE environment, having
worked for a large College of Further and Higher Education
for over eight years in several cross-college roles.

My role at the DNER will be to work with co-ordinators of
the existing JISC services to ensure that these are useful
for FE staff and students.  I will also actively seek to
procure new collections which are relevant to FE
programmes to add to the DNER portfolio.  In order to help
me to be responsive to user needs, I will be setting up a
Learning Materials Working Group in the near future with
membership drawn from a wide variety of experts in the FE
and HE communities.

I am looking forward to representing the FE community at
the JISC and have pleasure in sharing with you our plan for
developing the DNER portfolio for FE which is part of
broader JISC-wide plans that will ensure it meets the needs
of staff and students in Further Education.

Our plan can be found online at
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/background/fe_plan.htm

The plan is now being put into action.  However, it is very
much a live document and, in the fast moving environment
that is ILT, things must of course change and I would
welcome your comments at any time.

Regards
Susan.

----------------------