Jane,

        I missed the original query but . . . .

        I tend to go for web-site!

        John Ross

        -------------------------------------
At 4:50 pm 27/2/01, Jane Ross wrote:
>Many thanks to all who replied to my query.
>
>The consensus seems to be that there is none!
>
>The latest concise OED and various other august
>publications go for web site but one respondent stated
>that, when queried, the OED had promised to change its
>policy on this and go for one word.
>
>Jane Ross
>
>-------------------------------------
>Jane Ross
>Information Manager
>Bristol University Careers Advisory Service
>11 Priory Road
>Bristol
>BS8 1TU
>Tel: +44 (0)117 928 8232
>Fax: +44 (0)117 970 6406
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
>This email message and any attachments are confidential
>and are intended for the use of the addressee only.  If you
>are not the addressee you should not copy or use them for
>any purpose, nor disclose their contents to anyone else.
>If you receive this email by mistake please notify us
>immediately by telephoning +44 (0)117 928 8232

*                                               *
* Infologistix Ltd                              *
*                                               *
* 4 Wesleyan Chapel Walk                        *
* Stapleford                                    *
* NOTTINGHAM NG9 8BQ                            *
* ENGLAND                                       *
* tel: (44) (0)115 939 9907                     *
* fax: (44) (0)115 939 9117                     *
* web:  www.infologistix.co.uk/infologistix     *
* Information Management Consultancy            *