Original message:We currently produce hard copy questionnaires and analyse after
digitising using Libra. Can anyone recommend some software for carrying out
surveys
electronically?

As requested - below is a summary of the recommendations made.
1. Snap came highly recommended although it is expensive. With proper
licensing I gather it can be used more widely in an institution than just
the Library. See http://www.snapsurveys.com/

2. SPSS

3. These are worth a look:Quask
http://www.quask.com/

4. Acrobat
http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/main.html

5. We have recently completed a survey using the Pinpoint survey software
which allows you to create emailable forms and to put an HTML version
online as well. The software itself is very good for analysing results,
though we did have huge problems when issuing the electronic version by
email - it was blocked by the vast majority of Internet firewalls as a
potential virus!

Anyway, Pinpoint, and its bigger sibling Keypoint are both available
from Cambridge Software Publishing - http://www.camsp.com for further
info.

6. One respondent thought that Libra Priority Search would soon be available
as a web based survey. We had understood the same thing but have been unable
to get any information about it.

Hope this helps everyone who was interested.
Carol
Carol Thompson
Senior Officer: Library Systems and Management Support
Learning Resources
Ellison Place
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 8ST
Tel: 0191 2273072        Fax: 0191 2274563
Email: [log in to unmask]