From:   Kathy Ennis [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, October 23, 2001 4:23 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Please support the Diversity Council as a new Group of The
Librar y Association

A lot of hard work by members of the Library Association is going in to
establishing a new LA Group. The Diversity Council aims to unite library and
information workers and to tackle social exclusion - particularly in the
areas of race, culture and creed. In order to make an application to become
a Group the Diversity Council has to obtain the signatures of 10% of current
Library Association members (approx 250). If you would like to support this
important initiative please complete the attached form (you will need to
print it off as we have to have a signature) and send it to:

Victoria Anibueze
Administrative Officer
The Library Association
7 Ridgmount Street