On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Linda Sutherland wrote:

> At least one other list I subscribe to does not accept messages with
> attachments. Could this one adopt the same policy, please?

The list policy has always been that attachments should not be sent.
Until recently though, there was no mechanism via JISCMail to prevent them.
However, it is now possible to do so, and I have how made the necessary
changes to the list configuration.

Please note that this change will probably affect those of you who use
address attachments (vCards) with your message.  You should avoid using
these in messages to lis-link.

Could I also please remind members who use auto-responder messages while
they are away to configure them not to reply to list messages, or consider
suspending your mail from the list while you are away.  A summary of all
JISCMail user commands can be found at

  http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm

Best Wishes,

--