We are moving forward with planning for our conversion from UKMARC to
MARC21, in our case hopefully, but not certainly, in Summer 2002.

As part of this we are going to be having a private meeting with III
here in the UK sometime in April or early May, prior to IUG (we are not
going!)

It would be possible to have an open group meeting at Durham (or one of
the other interested libraries) at about the same time, at which Aaron
Blazer and possibly other(s) from III could do an overview of this
process and discuss aspects of data conversion and how the re-build and
re-load of data is going to be achieved.  As I understand it this
conversion, independent of system implementation is a new area to be
worked out and there are a lot of issues to consider.

I would be grateful if any other interested UKMARC INNOPAC libraries
could let me know by the end of the week (February 9th) if they are at
all interested in such a general meeting, so that I can firm up our
arrangements.

Many thanks,

Ros Pan,
Durham.
--
  #  University of Durham           Name: Ros Pan                    #
  #  Main Library             Occupation: Sub Librarian              #