We do this all the time and don't have any problem (other than occasional
human errors).  Make sure that each site library's login is associated
with the correct locations served - and excludes the pickup locations at
other sites.

When an item with a hold to be picked up at another site is checked in
you should see the following:

  Put on holdshelf at <pickup location> for <patron name>.
  Pickup notice will be printed.
  Set status: T > IN TRANSIT to <pickkup location>  or H > ON HOLDSHELF

Make sure to select T.  I don't want the system to offer the H option
at this stage but unfortunately it does!

When the item reaches its pickup location it should be checked in and
you should see:

  Item status is IN TRANSIT and has been cleared.
  Press <SPACE> to continue

  Put on holdshelf at <pickup location> for <patron name>.
  Pickup notice will be printed.

Have you always had this problem or did it start recently?  I ask because
at various times during the last year (latter part of R12 and possibly
also since R2K) we had sporadic problems relating to holds/in transit
status.  As far as I know it is working ok at present (in Update D+).

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, K.A.McCann wrote:

> The University of Hull has 3 site libraries, one being in Scarborough
> approx 40 miles away. We operate an 'Intersite Transfer' system but
> have encountered a problem regarding reserved items. The transfers
> take place twice a week - reservations are automatically activated on
> books returned and cancelled at one site which are reserved for
> collection at another site, even if the item is put 'into transit'.
> This results in an availability notice being produced before the book
> has reached its destination. Have other INNOPAC users experienced such
> a problem and if so have you been able to overcome it? I would
> appreciate your help.

Mieko
-----
Mieko Yamaguchi                                [log in to unmask]
Technical Services Manager/System Coordinator        +44 (0)1248 382970
Main Library, University of Wales Bangor, UK   +44 (0)1248 382979 (Fax)