We also use an Oki 395 but as far as I'm aware we don't have this
particular problem.  Make sure that the printer is configured correctly
(instructions in the user manual under "System Printers") but change
the settings of the "Symbol sets" as appropriate.

We are fortunate because the university's computing staff can service
Oki printers when necessary.

Mieko

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, S. Paul wrote:

> We're having a problem when printing from our Okidata. Sometimes a pound
> sterling sign prints  and then, in mid print, the sign changes to the
> letter u. This has been happening for some time now. Is this similar to
> the problem you're having? Also, do those of you who have Okidata printers
> have them serviced and if so by whom and how often?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sandy Paul
> Assistant Librarian
> Trinity College Cambridge
>

>  the On Mon, 2 Jul
> 2001, Colin Rennie wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are experiencing difficulty in printing out the sterling sign on our
> > acquisitions orders. I was wondering if anyone has cracked this?
> >
> > We use  an Oki 395 printer.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Colin
> >

> > Colin Rennie
> > Systems Support Librarian
> > School of Oriental and African Studies
> >
> > 020 7898 4164
> >
> > Internal phone 4164

> Mr Sandy Paul
> Assistant Librarian
> Trinity College Library
> Cambridge CB2 1TQ
>
> +00 44 [0]1223 338488

Mieko Yamaguchi                                [log in to unmask]
Technical Services Manager/System Coordinator        +44 (0)1248 382970
Main Library, University of Wales Bangor, UK   +44 (0)1248 382979 (Fax)