Please see the message below, which I am posting on behalf of David
Callcott.

follows.

In order to allow users to access publications under their own or
institutional subscription rights, we need to ask for certain information
from them.

All information provided is kept entirely confidential and not shared with
any third party.

Thousands of users from all over the world use our e-commerce facilities to
order copies of individual articles for fax or online delivery.  We need to
obtain credit card details to effect some of these transactions.  If the
user requests, we can retain these details as part of that user's personal
profile to make the service easier to use in the future.  These details are,
again, entirely confidential, and can be viewed, changed or deleted only by
the user concerned.

These policies are reflected on the website through our personal and express
registration forms, both of which link to a detailed statement of our
privacy policy.  We are registered under the Data Protection Act for these
purposes.

We also take the views of our users into account and are in the process of
slightly amending some of the wording on our website to aid users in
understanding our policies in this area.

David Callcott
Finance Director
ingenta plc
Tel: +44 (0)1225 361020