John,

ingenta doesn't charge libraries for access to its database.  So there
is no financial penalty for offering users both routes.

I have just checked the Journal of Psychosomatic Research and we do
indeed seem to be one issue behind Elsevier's own site.  I am not quite
sure why that is - we have a separate copy of the data which is
sometimes slightly behind Elsevier's own site.  I will enquire.

That said, the way Elsevier's collection is implemented in
ingentaJournals means that at article delivery, the user is passed to
the ScienceDirect server. It is relatively easy to click on the journal
title link and double check what the latest issue is.

Terry

"J.W.T.Smith" wrote:

> Julie,
>
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Julie Hitchen wrote:
>
> > Ian,
> >
> > We have multiple links for every journal that has more than one
> > supplier - hopefully this way, if one site doesn't have the right
> > issue another one might!
>
> Don't you have to pay for multiple access, eg, for direct access to
> ScienceDirect and for ingentaJournals access?
>
> Regards,
>
> John Smith,
> The Templeman Library,
> University of Kent at Canterbury.

Terry Morrow         Tel: +44 1225 826277
Head of BIDS         Fax: +44 1225 826283
ingenta UK ltd
University of Bath   http://www.bids.ac.uk
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK    http://www.ingenta.com