The RAS held its July Council meeting yesterday at which I, Dr. Mike Hapgood
(the Geophysical Secretary of the RAS) and Dr. Mary Fowler (Geophysical
Vice-President of the RAS)presented the case for support of the cataloguing
of the Jeffreys archive.  I am delighted to say that the RAS thought it a
very deserving case and will donate £6000 to the venture.  I have to say
that I feel that this is extremely good of the RAS in its support of
Geophysics and its valuation of Sir Harold Jeffreys and his work.  Should
you feel so inclined, please send any comment or thanks to the RAS to me,
and dependent on numbers I will either forward them direct or collate them
into a response to be submitted to the Executive Secretary of the RAS.
Peter Maguire

*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Peter Maguire
Professor of Geophysics