as I was saying, 1000C- can see for some bulk compositions that these steps
miss important increases in melt % e.g. for NBS there is still lots of Bt at
900C (plus some opx), whereas at 1000C all bt has gone. anyway, things look
good. esme will probably take a while t  get your data sorted out as she
generated lots of images and data. All in all her visit to  adelaide was
very productive, and in the end analyses were done using WDS on a Cameca
eprobe without using a cryo stage - this was all passed through Gary and he
seemed happy with it. The e-probe staff suggested that it would give a
better result than the SEM with EDS.

Esme has a copy of the analytical set-up, and i'm going to  see if I can get
analyses done on our Cameca in meloburne, BSe imaging permitted- this would
allow me to  do  the analyses gradually over a couple of months...

anyway, bye for now.

cheers,

Ian

p.s. did you get the bulk composition for nB5 from gary? If so, could you
please send it to  me?

Dr Ian Buick
Metamorphism, Crustal Fluid Flow and Geochronology
Dept. of Earth Sciences
La Trobe University
Bundoora, Victoria 3086
AUSTRALIA