Servus Juergen!
    There is a microprobe users mailing list as well as a microscopy users mailing list. The Latter is somewhat more active than the former as it covers all types and all disciplines. You can get yourself subscribed via the website for the Microscopy Society of America. Their URL is
http://www.msa.microscopy.com/.
                        Greetings from South Africa's only rural microprobe facility,
                                        Malc.
Jürgen Reinhardt wrote:

> Just a brief relief from the facies discussion:
>
> Can anybody give me some advice how to export data, specifically composition maps, from a JEOL 8800 probe to be used in other graphics programs? I don't want the JPEG or TIF files, but the original numerical data, preferably in ASCII mode. I am not sure whether this is possible.
> JEOL have their own funny software which is not so easy to get into. Maps from a CAMECA probe are easier to handle in that respect.
>
> Isn't there also a microprobe user mailing list? I seem to remember some message from long time ago.
>
> Cheers & thanks,
>
> Jürgen
>
> J. Reinhardt
> School of Geological & Computer Sciences
> University of Natal
> Durban, 4041
> South Africa

Dr MP Roberts                Phone: [+27](0)46 603 8313
Dept of Geology                  Fax: [+27](0)46 622 9715
Rhodes University               Cell: 083 4060 262 (try your luck!)
6140 Grahamstown         e-mail: [log in to unmask]
SOUTH AFRICA