I thought that members of the GENDER-RELIGION discussion group may be
interested in the following publication from Blackwell Publishers:

The Masculinity Studies Reader
Edited by David Savran & Rachel Adams

This Reader provides a collection of previously published essays that have
defined the interdisciplinary study of masculinity.  Theorists such as
Kimmel, Halperin, Geertz, Dyer and Boyarin contribute, and an introductory
essay by the editors frames widely-read and cited work in a new context
that is intended to establish the contours of and to raise questions about
masculinity as a field of academic inquiry.

382 pages January 2002
0-6312-2659-1 hb £60.00 / $64.95
0-6312-2660-5 pb £16.99 / $29.95

Did you know that you can now keep in touch with new books, print and
online journals in your subject area by signing up for Blackwell
Publishers' new e-mail alerting service,
SELECT?

We'll send you regular e-mail updates (at a frequency you choose), on the
publications and/or
subjects of your choice, including journal tables of contents, links to
article abstracts, new book
announcements and the chance to order complimentary examination copies.

For further information, or to register for this service, simply visit:
http://select.blackwellpublishers.co.uk

If you would like an inspection copy of this book and teach an appropriate
course with more than 10 students, please email me at
[log in to unmask] with your address & course details.  If you
would like more information on the book or information on how to order a
copy, please email me at the same address.

Please feel free to forward this message to any relevant person or list.  I
apologise for any cross posting that may have occurred.  I look forward to
hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Anthony Cond