The Oral History Society seems a good starting point and they have a
good website:
http://www.oralhistory.org.uk/
These web pages include advice about recording equipment, regional
network of people who can advise, training days...
Also Rob Perks, Curator of Oral History, British Library National Sound
Archive, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB tel 020 7412 7405
email [log in to unmask]
Good luck and best wishes,
Rosemary Silvester
British Association of Friends of Museums

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 15:15:33 EDT Rosalind Collier <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> We are planning a 2 World War small exhibition, Rye's War (E.Sussex) for next
> year. We will be doing a lot of educational stuff with it (many of us are ex
> teachers!! See various articles about the usefulness or not of ex teachers)
> but we are also being encouraged to record oral history of local people.
> I am getting confused about the right sort of recording equipment to use. I
> understand a Marantz is the best, but I have seen what seems to be the right
> one at £300 odd, and been quoted £1700 (with VAT).
> Any ideas? All help very gratefully received.
> Rosalind Collier
> Rye Castle Museum

Rosemary Silvester

* This e-mail message was sent with Execmail V5.0 *