Posted on behalf of our personnel department, please contact them for further information.

Head of Interpretation
The Museum of London is the world,s largest urban history museum, with a mission to inspire a passion for London. We achieve this through our successful programme of exhibitions, events and activities, bringing London,s history, archaeology and contemporary culture to the widest possible audience.
We are seeking a proactive, innovative person to lead and develop our busy Interpretation Unit. You will translate the Museum,s education and interpretation strategy into action by driving through the delivery of our ambitious events programmes making them inclusive, accessible and to the highest standard and reflecting the Museum,s aims and objectives.
Working at both strategic and tactical levels you will be responsible for:
· Managing and developing the Unit,s team of six
· Creating policy
· Overseeing projects and resources
· Championing the Unit,s input effectively across the Museum.
A relevant degree is essential, as is a minimum of three year,s experience in a museum or heritage site (which should include various types of interpretation). A relevant museum qualification and experience of managing resources successfully would be an advantage. Occasional weekend and out of hours working will be required to facilitate family and other events. Salary: £35,955-£44,580 depending upon experience (pay review pending).
Application packs available from the Personnel Department, Museum of London, London Wall, London EC2Y 5HN. Tel: 020 7814 5793 (24 hour ansaphone) or via email to [log in to unmask] Closing date for applications: 02/07/01.