Below are details of the next GEM National Training Day.  A hard copy will
be going out with the next GEM News.  In the meantime, if you wish to book,
please email [log in to unmask] after Monday 21 May.  Please copy and
distrivute to colleagues.

                         GEM National Training Day
                        'Learning through the Web'
         Monday 25 June 2001 at the National Railway Museum, York

This day will be is an essential day for all involved with developing
Web-based resources, providing an insight into developing Museum learning.
Speakers will address issues such as:
·    What is online learning?
·    Who is online learning for?
·    What are the characteristics of good Web learning materials?
Through case studies of good practice the day will also investigate
opportunities for partnerships and funding projects. Specific consideration
will be given to the challenges and opportunities in managing Web projects
and how to get online learning provision started. There will also be an
update on current government initiatives for the museum and formal
education sector.

Speakers include:
Peter Clarke, Museum Education Consultant
Ben Spencer, Museum & Galleries Development Officer, The Learning Circuit
Emma Willson, National Grid for Learning Content Officer (Museums) BECTA
(A more detailed programme for the day will be sent out with confirmation)

Cost
GEM Members:  £30.  Non-members: £40 (including a sandwich lunch)
Cheques payable to the 'Group for Education in Museums'.  We regret that
invoices cannot be sent.  Delegates can pay by cheque or cash on the day.
Receipts will be available.

To book  return the form below to
Liz Smith, London's Transport Museum, Covent Garden, London WC2E 7BB, Tel:
020 7379 6344, Fax 020 7565 7250, [log in to unmask]

I would like to book ___ place (s) on the Web Learning Training Day

·    I enclose a cheque for ____  (Please tick if you require a receipt)
·    I will pay by cash/cheque on the 25 June.
Please delete where necessary