As part of a major redevelopment the museum service is talking to various groups (e.g. visually impaired  / adults with learning difficulties) to set up opportunities for people to access our small but growing digitally stored collections
Does anyone have experience / recommendations for any software which will enable people to access a museums collection and view / read the digital images / text.

I am exploring screenreaders and zoom / contrast programmes but as of now have been unable to test any that are quick / easy to use, and hopefully work with MODES for WINDOWS,

Basic operating system will be Office 2000,

With Thanks

Peter Jones
Interpretation and Liaison Officer
St. Edmundsbury Museums Service