-----Original Message-----
From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Samantha Heywood
Sent: 09 November 2001 12:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: National Learning Days

Thanks for all the replies on this. I have ascertained that DfES do decide
what Year we are in. The Years of Reading and Maths were dealt with by the
Standards and Effectiveness Unit, whereas Year of Science is in the
Curriculum Unit. Make sense of that if you will.
So - I asked about 2003 and beyond and there was a deafening silence. I
guess not all public bodies have to plan for 5 years at a time, then? The
advice was to 'look out' next year for an announcement as to what 2003 will
mean to us all.

This is separate from the UN and UNESCO International Years of..., and
although their website carries info on what this year and next are, again,
there is nothing about 2003 and beyond. And I'm not going to attempt to
phone someone there! It would take a braver and more persistent person than
I.
Has that been of any help at all?!
Samantha Heywood
Imperial War Museum