RE: Standard Symbols /Icons & SMR GIS Use
Dear Colleagues,
        I believe that first we have to create a list ( Dictionary) of the all recommended Standard Symbols/Icons for SMR GIS Use. It should be translated from English to French, German, Chinese and whatever would be  needed.
        Therefore, I suggest to form a subcommittee, to gather together a  list for  data which would need symbols with full explanation and indicate its importance of usage.
        After the work is done, to set up another committee, to create suitable symbols for all listed items. The symbols could be differentiated  by periods or
predetermined chronological brackets.Than, decided about the sizes of each symbols.
Sincerely,
ALFONZ
(Dr. Alfonz Lengyel
Sino-American Field School of Archaeology.)