I would like to see the return of English Civil War, (1642-51) World War I (1914-19)  World War II (1933-46) and Cold War (1946-89).

Thank you
David Evans
Environment and Conservation

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/12/2001 09:50:48 >>>

The suggested default date ranges for the new RCHME period terms that I sent
round yesterday are:-

TUDOR (1483 - 1603)
        ELIZABETHAN (1558 - 1603)
STUART (1603 - 1714)
        JACOBEAN (1603 - 1625)
HANOVERIAN (1714 -1837)
VICTORIAN (1837 - 1901)

EARLY 20TH CENTURY (1901 -1945)
LATER 20TH CENTURY (1945 - 2000)

NB - use of default date ranges should not discourage indexers from using
more precise start and end dates (in MIDAS terms Minimum and Maximum Date
units of information) where the information exists.

Edmund Lee
English Heritage Data Services Unit

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it from South
Gloucestershire Council are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the South Gloucestershire Council postmaster
 at the address below.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been swept for the presence of computer viruses.