From: David Thomas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 December 2001 13:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CARN Launch

Dear All,

www.rcahmw.org.uk/data/carn.html

A short note to announce that we have recently launched CARNthe on-line index to archaeological site information in Wales. CARN has been created by the END partnership of Welsh archaeological organisations, and includes data from the National Monument Record of Wales, Cadw, and the four Welsh archaeological trusts. Information from the National Museums and Galleries of Wales will be added in the near future. Currently there are over 120,000 records in CARN, each providing basic information about the site, including its name, type, and location.

David Thomas,
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales,
Crown Building,
Plas Crug,
Aberystwyth. SY23 1NJ
Tel: 01970 621205    Fax: 01970 627701