Dear All

just one amendment to that - the original CBA publication referred to is in
fact:

 'The British Archaeological Thesaurus' CBA Handbook No. 4, by Cherry
Lavell, published in 1989

and BIAB use a frequently-updated version of it to index each BIAB volume, a
version not currently publicly available

as noted, we will be organising a day-long seminar soon and will be calling
for the participation of all organisations and interested individuals across
the UK and Republic of Ireland who generate or use ANY archaeological
documentation or datasets - this thesaurus is for your use and needs your
input (do I sound a bit like Kitchener? must be the proximity to Trafagar
Square!) ;-)

we will post details to the list as and when they are finalised

meanwhile, thanks to Ed for these very useful, project-specific updates

best wishes to all

Isabel Holroyd

This message is from:

Isabel M Holroyd
Chief Bibliographer & Editor
The British & Irish Archaeological Bibliography (BIAB)
The British Academy
10 Carlton House Terrace
London   SW1Y 5AH

Telephone number (direct): 0207 969 5223
Telephone number (switchboard): 0207 969 5200
Fax (shared): 0207 969 5300
Internet: http://www.britarch.ac.uk/biab

To reply to all BIAB staff please use the following e-mail address:

Thank you.